[Imap-protocol] namespace ?

Mark Crispin MRC at CAC.Washington.EDU
Wed Jun 13 16:07:34 PDT 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, DINH Viêt Hoà wrote:

>> Just add the namespace to a menu, opened when the user requests it.

> ok, that's mostly the same as what I described.

OK, great! As a further refinement, you may want to split the namespaces
by the categories and have an option to turn off namespace support
entirely.

Note that UW imapd shows the namespaces that the software supports, but
that doesn't necessarily mean that those namespaces are in use in a
particular installation. It's sort of like a listing of /dev on UNIX;
/dev/fd7 doesn't mean that there are 8 floppy drives! ;-)

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.