[Imap-protocol] More evil hierarchy delimiters

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 27 07:31:05 PDT 2007

The RFC says:

All children of a top-level hierarchy node MUST use
the same separator character. A NIL hierarchy delimiter means
that no hierarchy exists; the name is a "flat" name.

After first reading I thought that you couldn't mix NIL with another
delimiter, but I guess because the first sentence says "character", not
"delimiter" it is allowed (plus UW-IMAP does it). Maybe the next RFC
could clear that up.

So, apparently this should be possible:

1 LIST "" %
* LIST (\NoInferiors) NIL INBOX
* LIST (\NoSelect \HasChildren) "/" childboxes
* LIST (\NoInferiors) NIL foo

But what about this one:

1 LIST "" %
* LIST (\NoInferiors) NIL INBOX
* LIST (\NoSelect \HasChildren) "/" childboxes
* LIST (\NoInferiors) NIL "foo/bar"