[Imap-protocol] draft-daboo-srv-email: POP3S/IMAPS?

Sabahattin Gucukoglu mail at sabahattin-gucukoglu.com
Sat Jan 16 20:10:51 PST 2010

Hi all,

Just had a look at draft-daboo-srv-email, all very pleasant. I think service weights have been discussed already but:

Why does the spec provision for IMAPS and POP3S? Shouldn't we be seriously discouraging that usage? Is there some reason to keep them, even if "deprecated"/discouraged? Right now the only reason I know of is IMAP clients which send out LOGIN complete with password before they can be stopped; for that we have the LOGINDISABLED capability.

Cheers,
Sabahattin