[Imap-protocol] Re: [yam] draft-daboo-srv-email: POP3S/IMAPS?

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Mon Jan 18 03:22:50 PST 2010

Ned Freed writes:

> The abscence of a technical justification doesn't mean no other sort

> of justification exists.

I asked three admins about that in 2007, all said "we want all access to
be encrypted and imaps/pop3s/smtps is the practical way to get that".
Statistics isn't my field, three identical answers was enough for me,
and I concluded that SSL wrapping will remain in use until mail servers
offer configuration settings to allow/prevent plaintext access to mail.

Arnt