[Imap-protocol] 2Gb size limit

Mark Crispin mrc+uw at panda.com
Wed May 5 13:33:04 PDT 2010

On Wed, 5 May 2010, Eduardo Luís wrote:

> Ok Mark, thanks a lot for your explanation...

> I have to switch to a mixed format....

Actually, it is not a "mixed format". It is "mix format". "mix" stands
for "mail, indexed".

Refer to this FAQ answer for a discussion about alternative mailbox
formats. The information is about switching to mbx, but if you substitute
"mix" for "mbx" most of the information is still accurate.

http://www.washington.edu/imap/IMAP-FAQs/index.html#4.5

mbx is 1995 technology. It was good for its time, but is now out of date.
mix is more modern technology and should work well for several more years.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc