[Imap-protocol] SELECT/EXAMINE clarification of UNSEEN

David Harris David.Harris at pmail.gen.nz
Mon Nov 14 13:54:37 PST 2011

On 14 Nov 2011 at 22:09, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> > SEARCH command if it wants to find it. If there are

> > no unseen messages in the mailbox, it is not possible

> > to produce a sensible UNSEEN value, so servers MUST

> > omit this item.

Could I suggest that this might be rendered more simply:

"If there are no unseen messages in the mailbox, the UNSEEN
response MUST be omitted, otherwise it MUST be sent."

Cheers!

-- David --

Box 5451, Dunedin, New Zealand | e-mail:
David.Harris at pmail.gen.nz
Phone: +64 3 453-6880 | Fax: +64 3 453-6612

In an advertisement for a Hong Kong dentist:
"Teeth extracted by the latest Methodists."