[Imap-protocol] SELECT/EXAMINE clarification of UNSEEN

David Harris David.Harris at pmail.gen.nz
Mon Nov 14 15:13:41 PST 2011

On 15 Nov 2011 at 0:03, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> On Monday, November 14, 2011 2:46 PM, "Lyndon Nerenberg" <lyndon at orthanc.ca> wrote:

> > > If there are any unseen messages in the mailbox, an UNSEEN response must

> > > be sent, if not it MUST be omitted.

> > Ship it.

> Not tonight... er, tomorrow. I gotta sleep.

When you wake up and get back onto this, one more small correction:

If there are any unseen messages in the mailbox, an UNSEEN
response MUST be sent, if not it MUST be omitted.

We may as well be consistent with our MUSTs.

Cheers!

-- David --

Box 5451, Dunedin, New Zealand | e-mail:
David.Harris at pmail.gen.nz
Phone: +64 3 453-6880 | Fax: +64 3 453-6612

Newspaper headlines we wished we'd seen:
"Psychic pigmy escapes from jail: small medium at large."