[Imap-protocol] SELECT/EXAMINE clarification of UNSEEN

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 15 00:48:42 PST 2011

On Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:13 PM, "David Harris" <David.Harris at pmail.gen.nz> wrote:

> When you wake up and get back onto this, one more small correction:

Yeah, it's fine for you. You already live in tomorrow!

> If there are any unseen messages in the mailbox, an UNSEEN

> response MUST be sent, if not it MUST be omitted.

> We may as well be consistent with our MUSTs.

Thanks for catching my late-night messup. Indeed. MUST keep our MUSTs
in line!

I also re-ordered the paragraphs so the "what to do when writing a server"
parts were together before the "what clients have to do if it's not there".

Submitted:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3501&eid=3032

Bron.
--