Curiosity Killed the Cat

R. David Whitlock ryandav at u.washington.edu
Mon May 1 08:58:42 PDT 2000

I'm not sure I've been following the thread here, but my roommates
computer was going through something similar, and he's had a lot of
hardware problems that have been practically impossible to solve. For
some reason, sometimes after startup, the machine wouch have one or two
processes go out of control and suck up all of the processor, making
everythin slower to respond. Sometimes the process was klogd (the kernel
logging daemon which reports errors), and sometimes it was one the
libraries you metioned below. I haven't been abel to figure out what
caused the problem, the machine has a lot of bad juju going on with it,
muching hard disks and bus errors with the like. We're now down to
replacing various components to see if some part is sending out bad vibes
or something (the new-age spiritualist does computer work, he he he...)

Later,
David