bad juju Re: Curiosity Killed the Cat

Michael Kale michaelk at cs.washington.edu
Mon May 1 13:40:03 PDT 2000

Just some warning ... one of my roommates had a computer with bad juju
once. It kept doing weird stuff, and various components kept breaking.
After reaplcing a few things, we realized that it was a bad power supply
which was causing other stuff to break. Would have been much cheaper for
him to replace that from the start instead of getting multiple hard
drives, etc... which didn't solve the problem.

point of the story: When some piece of hardware breaks, check the power
supply before replacing a bunch of stuff.