Freebie

J. Kyllo jkyllo at u.washington.edu
Tue May 2 13:02:24 PDT 2000

This goes for anyone, I guess: I recently built a single floppy cd-rom
ftp server so that a friend of mine could install redhat on a laptop with
no cd-rom drive. Basically, it boots up, finds your ide cdrom and runs a
small ftp server that serves it out. I'd have to make a couple small
changes to make it more generic, but if anyone wants a copy, let me
know. I can also give you the kernel config that I used for it as it is
quite limited. I.e. atapi cdrom only, no floppy or harddrive support. I
took out a _lot_ of functionality just to get it on the floppy.

-Jeff K.