newbie question

Kjell Konis wackyboy at u.washington.edu
Wed May 3 21:02:21 PDT 2000

First of all I would like to thank everyone who sent me distribution
recommendations. I ended up using my neighbor's RedHat 6.1 because
Bulldog didn't have Maximum Linux.

Now for my question. How do I figure out what kind of NIC I have? I took
the case off my computer and looked at the card (I didn't actually remove
it) but I didn't see a label. Do I need to look harder? Is there some
utility that will do this for me?

Once I figure out what kind of card it is do I just find the module with
the same name (in /lib/modules/version/net) and insmod it?

TIA

Kjell