XMMS

Thomas Anderl tomathie at u.washington.edu
Thu May 4 17:56:32 PDT 2000

Hey All,

I've got a problem with xmms that I'm wondering if anyone has had
this problem. When playing some mp3's it inserts random pops that sound
sort of like conga drums. This happens especially during soft sections of
songs (or maybe that's the only time I can notice them). I'm pretty sure
that it's not a problem with the files because when I play them on a
windows machine using winamp, they sound fine. Also, the pops aren't
always in the same places, so I'm assuming that it's either a decoder or
sound card problem. Any insight?

Thanks,

Tom