XMMS

T. Tam ttstam at u.washington.edu
Thu May 4 18:13:20 PDT 2000

Funny, I have the same problem when using GQMPEG to play certain
files. MP3s generally play okay, but MP2s will squeak.

On one track (Miyazaki's Mononoke Hime) it sounds like someone's
strangling a chicken. If I ever get the time I'm gonna try another codec,
see if it matters. Just out of curiosity, are your music encoded at VBR?

-=- Terence

--

Terence Tak-Shing Tam <ttstam at u.washington.edu>

"Our yellow sun yields to the dark, as I begin my web-based lark,
Flowing turning, thru the pipes, I grep for text and dump the hype,
But as I ride the fibre trail, I test my faith as as I read my mail,
Even as my bandwidth fattens, I question life and 1-click patents,
Although I ask and though I query, I know the truth, I grok the theory,
Life is a multimedia of sins, so he who collects the most m-peg wins

-=- Illiad, UserFriendly.org