XMMS

Richard Lotz rlotz at u.washington.edu
Thu May 4 19:49:13 PDT 2000

I've only experienced this problem on a) slow machines (p120 and below) b)
with bad encoding and c) bad sound card drivers. If you haven't tried it
yet then see what happens when you play the mp3 using mpg123, splay or
other CLI mp3 player.

The times that were from a bad sound card driver only happened under a
poorly supported card using OSS/Free, using OSS (comercial) it cleared up
any of the problems. OSS (www.opensound.com) provides a temporary
evaluation copy that you can use to see if it may be poor sound support.

-richard

Richard Lotz rlotz at u.washington.edu
http://students.washington.edu/rlotz ICQ: 12348088