[SLL] succinct, yet pithy... (fwd)

R. David Whitlock ryandav at u.washington.edu
Mon May 8 11:30:16 PDT 2000

Good message! It states something that is very hard at times to put into
words: the frustration that is borne of hearing things that are
_technically_ facts, but watching as the effect of those spin-statements
being that users just say, "Oh, it must be my fault cause I'm dumb, not
the wonderful people at Microsoft..." Users ARE, as a pack, dumb as a box
of rocks. But software should never allow such stupid behaviour to cost
what it does. By my standards, this was a relatively tame virus, and yet
I hear echoes all around the world of how this little booger cost
astronomical amounts of money and time. Large amounts of connections
around the state had serious problems all day because of this very
specific little thing... </RANT>

And people ask me why I love Pine...

Incidentally, the list that you forwarded this on from, is it generally
pretty good? What's the context?

Later,
David