MP3 's on 486's?

'Lumberjack' A. Parker zaphod42 at u.washington.edu
Tue May 9 18:22:45 PDT 2000

I have a p100 laptop and have no trouble playing mp3s. I use mpg123 and
it takes about 25% of the cpu according to top; I tried using xmms at one
point but it didn't work out too well(that might just be because I have
only 16 Megs RAM so not much was left after X started).

Andrew Parker

"...it's no challange to destroy the weak."
- Abner Doon, _Breaking the Game_, Orson Scott Card
zaphod42 at u.washington.edu