Plug and play on the mo-bo.

T. Tam ttstam at u.washington.edu
Sat May 13 14:00:10 PDT 2000

Does anyone know what the setting "Plug and Play OS" does on the
Motherboard's BIOS? I just received my K7V board from Asus, and trying to
get my USB visor cradle and the VIA chipset sound drivers to work. I
tried compiling the USB controller into the kernel, but everytime I hit
hotsync the computer just locks up. I tried both compiling the sound as a
module and into the kernel. When compiled as a module, the module cannot
be found at bootup (though it's there in
/usr/lib/modules/2.3.99/sound) and when it's compiled into the kernel it
just won't run.

Any ideas? TIA.

-=- Terence

--