Linux web server?

Greg Daly gdaly at u.washington.edu
Tue May 16 09:47:58 PDT 2000

blas,

i think that you should be more worried about your connection
speed... that would be more of a limiting factor (in my
experience) than the speed of the box. I think that even a p200 or so
with 64mb of ram would be ok for the job, since i dont see many
non-static things (i did see a search and a guestbook though).
My advice - see how the page does on the hardware that you have. I
seriously don't think you need a high-powered box for the job.
but I say 64mb is minimum for apache. BTW, I am running it
successfully (and quickly) on a 200 with 64. :)
-greg

Today at 9:35am, blas pedro uberuaga sent this nugget of wisdom: