[OT] Get bandwidth. (Was: Linux web server?)

Christopher Twigg cdtwigg at u.washington.edu
Tue May 16 12:06:32 PDT 2000

Co-location can get pretty expensive, though, since you're paying for both
the bandwidth _and_ the real estate, and the real estate in one of the
larger ISPs can be some of the most expensive real estate you'll ever pay
for. What you get with co-lo is near-guaranteed uptimes, since they'll
provide backup power and all the good stuff.

Colocation with a smaller ISP, though, might be somewhat reasonable and is
probably worth looking into. Since I think bandwidth rates from the ISP
are going to be pretty much flat, the main question is where the cost for
the floor space becomes cheaper than the cost for the line (T1s are
mileage sensitive, etc.). Call around, I guess.

Christopher Twigg
cdtwigg at u.washington.edu