[OT] Get bandwidth. (Was: Linux web server?)

Chris Hunter chris at mydriasis.com
Tue May 16 13:23:40 PDT 2000

Since I work for Speaekasy, I'll clear a couple of things up:

Speakeasy gets IPs direct from ARIN, where it doesn't take quite as many months
to get them.

We do offer symmetric DSL (up and down) up to 1.5 Mb, but it is more costly than
a lot of residential lines. Our residential serivice offerings have changed a
bit recently, so DSL is of course very dependent on loop distance as far as
determininng what speed is available.

We *don't* offer free secondary DNS. We do offer it for a one time $35 fee.

And not to shamelessly plug too much, but DSL is usually going to be cheaper
than co-location in most facilites, and thats mostly across the board.

Chris "trying to be impartial" Hunter