Python PIL Errors

Benjamin Honsinger Honsinger at whs.wsd.wednet.edu
Tue May 16 15:48:11 PDT 2000

I keep getting errors when I try to do step 7 of the PIL README file.

[root at mandrake Imaging-1.0]# make -f Makefile.pre.in boot

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile',
needed by `sedscript'. Stop.

The PIL README file says this is caused by not building python from sources,
so I tried to do that. I downloaded python 1.5.2 and attempted to install it,
but I get this error.

[root at mandrake Python-1.5.2]# make -C /usr/lib/ install
make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
make: Leaving directory `/usr/lib'

It appears to be basically the same thing (No rule) as the PIL error. This is
frustrating, I'm not getting much done. If you've got time, I would appreciate
help. Thanks!

Benjamin