[OT] Religious Issues (Was: quickie)

William Rowden rowdenw at eskimo.com
Tue May 23 14:36:51 PDT 2000

Today, Christopher Twigg wrote:

> No, but there's nothing inherently _wrong_ with using Perl to do

> your file manipulation.

:-)

Approaches at which I smile and approaches that are "wrong" are
(mostly) different categories. I won't think less of anyone who
uses a Swiss Army chainsaw to do their file manipulations.

To someone with a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail.
Someone else might smile at the tasks I force awk to do. In fact,
Bradley Bell's proposed method actually seems to me to be the most
direct.

I'm just envious because I haven't added Perl to my toolbox yet.

--
-William
PGP key: http://www.eskimo.com/~rowdenw/pgp/rowdenw.asc until 2000-08-01