[OT] Racks?

Richard Ginter rick9856 at u.washington.edu
Tue May 23 20:23:45 PDT 2000

on 5/23/00 4:12 PM, Richard Lotz at rlotz at u.washington.edu wrote:

> Ok, from what I can tell most of the companies listed in Computer Source

> are clue-less as to what I'm looking for. So, I hope that someone on this

> list can give me a pointer.

> I am in need of a rack, preferably enclosed. Anyone know of a local

> dealer? Doesn't even need to be too tall, just a few feet so I can secure

> an HP4000 switch. I'd rather not spend the $$$ to ship large amounts of

> steel.

> -richard

> Richard Lotz rlotz at u.washington.edu

> http://students.washington.edu/rlotz ICQ: 12348088

When I worked for my school district's IT dept. they used a local supplier
called greybar for their purchasing. I know it's somewhere in the greater
Seattle area (don't ask I didn't make any of the purchases). They sell a
lot of equipment made by Ortronics. They manufacture several types of
racks.
Hope this helps.
Richard