Video Crash

R. David Whitlock ryandav at u.washington.edu
Sat May 27 01:34:17 PDT 2000

Hrmmm, all I get when I look at the attachment is a message "Can't display
missing text segment" from pine, so I'm not really sure what you see. Can
you describe it in greater detail?

Here's a theory: could it be because you have power management turned on
and so the apm daemon kicked in and tried to set your monitor in sleep
mode? (and failed?) It's about the only reason I can imagine a monitor
acting on it's own without someone touching it... I mean, killing the
XServer should be fairly conclusive, and since that didn't work, I suspect
a lower-level cause like hardware. (you did try to kill the xserver first
by pressing ctrl-alt-backspace, right?)

Of course, it's just a shot in the dark. More details?

Later,
David