Watch out here I come again ;)

Dejan Nikic yu_music at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:05:20 PST 2001

Well guys here i'm again with my PHP and MySQL installations. Now here is
the deal. I deleted my previous installations and decided to go fresh. Now
what I have problems with is that when i try to connect to mysql trough php
i get this error:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /nfs/guido06/dw01/d82/dejann/install/newtables.php
on line 2

now I have no idea why is trying to use /tmp/mysql.sock because in .my.cnf i
put in a full path to my mysql.sock which is in the root of my home
directory.

is there a way to change this /tmp/mysql.sock to a working socket inside
php? I made a file with phpinfo() in it and there it tells me that mysql
socket is /tmp/mysql so I would like to have it changed.

Thank you.

p.s.
Sorry I'm bothering you guys with all this, but I've been trying to find
something on this since 3 last night and nothing yet. All help is greatly
appreciated.