Watch out here I come again ;)

Dejan Nikic yu_music at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 18:08:48 PST 2001

Who else but my buddy Trevor :) Thnx a lot for all the help last time.

Ok now I got rid of the previous problem, but now I have another one.
I get this error:

Warning: Host 'boca02.u.washington.edu' is not allowed to connect to this
MySQL server in /nfs/guido06/dw01/d82/dejann/install/newtables.php on line 2

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host 'boca02.u.washington.edu' is not
allowed to connect to this MySQL server in
/nfs/guido06/dw01/d82/dejann/install/newtables.php on line 2

so what I did is i went and did this in mysql db:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on *.* to username@*.u.washington.edu;

I know that this is insecure, but I was intending on keeping it like this
just till i found a problem. But even after this I'm still getting the same
error even apparently user username has access to any db from any host at
u.washington.edu domain.

>From: Trevor Leffler <tleffler at u.washington.edu>

>To: UW Linux Group <linux at u.washington.edu>

>Subject: Re: Watch out here I come again ;)

>Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:56:44 -0800

>Dejan,

> You're .my.cnf doesn't really matter in this case, because your php

>script can't even see it--the web servers can't see your home directory.

> Your script should make a connection to your DB via tcp, not a file

>socket. You might write something analogous to:

>$dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:$table:$host:$port", $user, $password);

> Sorry I don't know how PHP would do that.

>--Trevor

>Dejan Nikic wrote:

>>Well guys here i'm again with my PHP and MySQL installations. Now here

>>is the deal. I deleted my previous installations and decided to go

>>fresh. Now what I have problems with is that when i try to connect to

>>mysql trough php i get this error:

>>Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

>>'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in

>>/nfs/guido06/dw01/d82/dejann/install/newtables.php on line 2

>>now I have no idea why is trying to use /tmp/mysql.sock because in

>>.my.cnf i put in a full path to my mysql.sock which is in the root of my

>>home directory.

>>is there a way to change this /tmp/mysql.sock to a working socket inside

>>php? I made a file with phpinfo() in it and there it tells me that

>>mysql socket is /tmp/mysql so I would like to have it changed.

>>Thank you.

>>p.s.

>>Sorry I'm bothering you guys with all this, but I've been trying to find

>>something on this since 3 last night and nothing yet. All help is

>>greatly appreciated.

>>http://www.hotmail.com

Dejan Nikic
webmaster at peoplehangout.com