Questions about the crontab.

C. Mills boson at u.washington.edu
Sat Dec 22 01:17:01 PST 2001

If your root you can just put this in /etc/crontab
# m h dom mon dow user command
*/10 * * * * root /path/script.pl
Make sure you have
#!/usr/bin/perl
or whatever on the first line of your perl script.
If you don't have root access you can make your own crontab, see
man crontab
If you run "crontab -e" you can put that line in your own crontab.
Charlie