Questions about the crontab.

Cliff cliffo at u.washington.edu
Sat Dec 22 12:21:21 PST 2001

that depends on your crontab editor. For vi, you can to ":wq" to write
changes and quit or "ZZ" will accomplish the same thing (make sure to
hit <esc> to get out of insert mode). Emacs is <ctrl-x><ctrl-c>. You
can control which editor crontab uses by changing the EDITOR
variable...for example:

export EDITOR=vi

will set vi as the crontab editor. You can substitute any text editor
you want there.

Cliff