Set up samba.

C. Olmsted cliffo at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 27 15:03:37 PST 2001

> The suggestions I haven't yet tried are setting the Windows

> computers to logon to a NT domain, pointing them to hurston for

> WINS, or adding DNS. Which of them seems more relevant? Are there

> any other suggestions?

None of the above. These are all going to make life more complicated than
just a basic netbios sharing setup. Is the samba box the one with all the
ipchains rules? I would disconnect your outside internet connection,
remove all the rules for ipchains and then see what happens.

Another idea...can you connect by ip address? For example, in the Run...
dialog, enter "\\192.168.0.xxx" substituting the ip for your samba box...

Cliff