Set up samba.

William Rowden rowdenw at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 27 16:13:18 PST 2001

I'm glad someone's still interested. :)

Today, C. Olmsted wrote:

> Is the samba box the one with all the ipchains rules? I would

> disconnect your outside internet connection, remove all the

> rules for ipchains and then see what happens.

Yes. That works! It still works when I restore the ipchains rules,
as long as I punch both udp and tcp for ports 137-139 through the
firewall. I had mistakenly only accepted udp. Thanks are due to
all who posted suggestions, especially Cliff and Ryan who
persevered.
--
-William
The smell--you know, that gasoline smell--the whole hill smelled like victory.