Recommend MTA.

William Rowden rowdenw at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 27 21:41:57 PST 2001

I need to configure an MTA for my (Red Hat 7.2) system, and this
list was helpful with Samba (thanks!), so I'm asking for
recommendations. The default installation is running `sendmail`,
but I haven't found its configuration intuitive. How do `qmail` and
`postfix`, for example, compare? I see there are RPMs for those as
well. What other MTAs are people using? Is anyone using IMAP, POP3
or SMTP over SSL?

I'll open ports 25, 110, 220, etc. before asking the list for MTA
configuration help. :)
--
-William
"Are my methods unsound?" "I don't see any method at all, sir."