Recommend MTA.

M. Hornung mike at boobaz.net
Fri Dec 28 03:05:24 PST 2001

Hiya Dan. Long time no see.

My experience with sendmail has been a pleasant one. I haven't had to buy
any books, but I have sunk a lot of time into reading documentation (a
single README, and some more detailed stuff on sendmail.org). It does
everything I want it to do.

I've heard that qmail is good; that everything by Dan Bernstein is good,
but I can't attest to that. I'm sure there have been many a flame war
about what is "best".

See:
http://www.sendmail.net/interviews/interview001.shtml
http://cr.yp.to/qmail/guarantee.html

-=<(| mike at boobaz.net |)>=- http://www.boobaz.net/key.html
81CE 668E BC9D EDFE 08ED D8D7 84A7 4F32 54C2 68F8

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 at 07:32, Dan Sanderson wrote:

|I like Exim far more than I expected to, but my only other MTA experience

|has been with sendmail, and it wasn't a happy one. I tried Exim because

|it's the default for the latest Debian, and I got it to do almst

|everything I wanted it to do in just a few hours.

|It's not the simplest; I still needed the O'Reilly book to get it where I

|wanted, and there are some things I still don't understand. But virtual

|hosting was a snap, and that's mostly what I was looking for.

|-- Dan