Recommend MTA.

Peter Abrahamsen peidran at u.washington.edu
Fri Dec 28 10:38:03 PST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 09:41:57PM -0800, William Rowden wrote:

> I need to configure an MTA for my (Red Hat 7.2) system, and this

> list was helpful with Samba (thanks!), so I'm asking for

> recommendations. The default installation is running `sendmail`,

> but I haven't found its configuration intuitive. How do `qmail` and

> `postfix`, for example, compare? I see there are RPMs for those as

> well. What other MTAs are people using? Is anyone using IMAP, POP3

> or SMTP over SSL?

I forgot to say.. The UW IMAP package (which includes pop3 support, iirc)
has worked pretty well for me, and will compile against openssl. Not that
I've done much comparison shopping, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
Not sure where to find RPMs, sorry.

Peter

--
Peter Abrahamsen
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA