X4 upgrade problem

Andrew Shinn shinn at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 8 09:48:28 PST 2001

Has anyone on the list gone recently from the debian stable to the new
testing release? Getting a bit ahead of myself (and greedy to see
changes), I decided to do this (novice that I am). Anyway, in doing
so I was upgraded to X4 and I just CAN'T get it configured properly.
XF86Setup can't get itself going, nor can the new config tools, so
I've been trying with xf86config. No go. I just get a really messed
up wobbly screen with a 1" square for a mouse pointer. Now, I had X
properly configured before (I had done it myself when I first
installed debian on this box), and it was never a problem. Anyone
have similar experiences or some hints?

--Drew