A stupid RPM problem

Jeff Silverman jeffs at kant.ee.washington.edu
Thu Feb 8 10:20:53 PST 2001

People,

This is going to sound very stupid.

I have downloaded some RPMs. As it turns out, they are version 4
RPMs. The only versions of the rpm program I have are version 3.0.3 and
3.0.4. I even tried downloading a new version of rpm and it itself
comes in a version 4 .rpm file.

Question: How do I get out of this loop of circularity? Or
perhaps another way to ask.... does anybody have a tarball of rpm
version 4?

Thank you in advance for not snickering.

Jeff

--
Jeff Silverman, sysadmin for the Research Computing Systems (RCS)
University of Washington, School of Engineering, Electrical Engineering Dept.