A stupid RPM problem

J. Kyllo jjkyllo at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 8 10:40:13 PST 2001

I had similar problems with this recently and as a note, never uninstall
rpm 4 with rpm -e. It'll wipe out the database. When installing it, it
converts the old db (or something) but is a bastard and will leave your
system void of package info when uninstalling. I think what I ended up
doing was getting the source rpms of the packages I wanted to install and
made them use rpm 3.