Questions about an LDAP server?

J. Kyllo jjkyllo at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 8 12:35:19 PST 2001

Well, I actually set up openLDAP yesterday on a redhat 6.2 box. I used
the source rpm which rquires tons of stuff (3 different db types, although
you only need one) but it's working great. It's currently using ldbm but
I'd like it to use postgres eventually. The source rpm required unixODBC
which has support for postgres but I can't seem to get it to use ODBC, oh
well for now. Anyway, if you use openLDAP, go to openldap.org and they've
got a quick-start guide and their manual which is enough to get up and
running and designing your ldap db. I.e., the schema for how things are
related, etc.

-Jeff K.