modules and 2.4.1

R. David Whitlock ryandav at u.washington.edu
Sat Feb 10 04:04:42 PST 2001

I believe Linus announced his intentions to clean up the modules tree for
2.4 based on discussions about oddball drivers hiding in odd
subdirectories, i.e. modules that don't really fit in the categories they
belong in. Important modules (like some NIC card drivers were
found in directories like /misc).

I can't remember the exact details, but the closest conversation I can
find with a quick scan was this one:
http://kt.linuxcare.com/kernel-traffic/kt20001010_88.epl#1

-david

"What you hear isn't necessarily what was said,
what you read isn't necessarily what was written."
-Dostoevsky