X4 upgrade problem -- status report

Andrew Shinn shinn at u.washington.edu
Mon Feb 12 09:26:42 PST 2001

First of all, thanks to those who wrote in with suggestions for me.

I just figured I'd let you all know how I got on in the end.
Actually, after endless tweaking of config files, and a lot of time
spent reading through webpages with lynx, I came to the conclusion
that there are still some bugs supporting certain SiS chipsets (under
X3 mine was run via the SVGA server, rather than SIS, while X4 wanted
to run it with the sis driver through the Xfree86 server). Anyway, I put
a different video card in, reconfigured, and there I was with a lovely
xsession.

Thanks again.

--Drew