x server can't find mouse?

Mike mike at boobaz.net
Tue Feb 20 15:18:55 PST 2001

This is appearing to be an extra-debian issue. If you've got an X server
running, you probably do not need to be running gpm. In fact, doing so
may apparently break things. gpm works well for mouse support on the
console, but while in X you can kill it (and spare yourself the memory).

>From /etc/X11/XF86Config:

###################################
Protocol "IMPS/2"
Device "/dev/mouse"

# added for wheel functionality
ZAxisMapping 4 5
Buttons 3

% ls -l /dev/mouse
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Sep 8 1999 /dev/mouse -> psaux

Since I have a PS/2 mouse here.

-=<(| mike at boobaz.net |)>=-