looking for a top-notch sys admin

Jeff Silverman jeffs at kant.ee.washington.edu
Fri Feb 23 09:13:27 PST 2001

Alex Algard wrote:

> We're looking for a top-notch sys admin. We are a profitable company and we

> provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please contact me

> for further info at algard at cardomain.com.

I am tantalized by the question: "Is it ethical for somebody outside the
University to use a University mailing list and State computers to raid the
university of its talent"?
On the other hand, the university maintains a career placement office for its
graduates and many people on this list are students. This mailing might be
construed in the same way as state spending on a placement office.
However, the shortage of qualified sysadmins here at the UW is well known.

Does anybody else worry about such considerations?

--
Jeff Silverman, sysadmin for the Research Computing Systems (RCS)
University of Washington, School of Engineering, Electrical Engineering Dept.