MySQL, ODBC, and Access

M. Oesterwinter marcuso at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 10 11:12:35 PDT 2001

We have a web-site that will soon be sticking data into a MySQL database.
The people that need to create querries for the database do not use Unix
or MySQL, but are quite familiar with Access. From what I understand, you
can use ODBC to link MySQL and Access. Am I correct? Would this allow
you to use Access on a client computer to navigate and create querries on
a MySQL database on a server? I am assuming that there is no need to
sync the database to the client computer? How well does this solution
work in real life situations?

Thanks for any input.

- Marcus