to kill a swap partition

Mike mike at boobaz.net
Tue Jul 10 16:32:16 PDT 2001

Looking at Usenet threads, it looks like the general consensus is that
kernels assume you have some amount of swap space, but as you add RAM the
need for significant amounts of swap space decreases.

If your server is using all RAM and all your swap, that indicates to me
that you need to add RAM or swap, not decrease.

You can always run 'free' or something, then turn off your swap space with
'swapoff', then run 'free' again to see what happens to performance.

-=<(| mike at boobaz.net |)>=-

|-=<(| mike at boobaz.net |)>=-