Install PHP on UW server

yu music yu_music at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 03:02:12 PDT 2001

Hi,

I've seen many people running PHP and MySQL on the UW's student pages, so I
know its possible, but there is no way i can get it to work. I found a
tutorial that shows how to install PHP on UW's server, but it didnt work. I
must have tried it at least 10 times and I always get some errors and stuff
like that. Can anybody help me?? Regarding error they are usually
premission type errors and when i configure PHP it says it cant find zlib
eve though the path to it is correct. I'm geting really frustrated with
this, so please help. I didn't sleep last night because of this, since
compile times are fearly long for PHP.

Thnx.