A different samba question.

Mike mike at boobaz.net
Mon Jul 23 22:54:24 PDT 2001

It is likely not installed already, and chances are highly stacked against
you if you want it to be put there. You're free to try installing it in
your own (Becker, not Dante) account, if you can do that. If you can make
it work, you might want to consider the implications of using it on a
multi-user system (depending on how you authenticate to your SMB server).

Note that the kernel must support the smbfs filesystem, and I doubt that
the OSF kernel on Becker does... Also note that Becker is rebooted with
some frequency (pretty often) and you'd have some trouble keeping the
filesystem mounted.

-=<(| mike at boobaz.net |)>=-