MySQL Troubles

Parker Thompson parkert at u.washington.edu
Sat Jul 28 18:10:00 PDT 2001

I'd be willing to bet the problem is that you set up mysql to only allow
connections from localhost (vergil01.u.washington.edu), where the server and
the scripts (you would assume) are running.

In actuality, there is a web server cluster (bocaXX, I believe 01 and 02)
where the scripts run when requested from students.washington. Vergil is
a distinct host just there for web-development (so folks aren't working on
the web-servers).

I'd bet if you set up mysql to allow connections from
boca%.u.washington.edu everything would start working.

If that doesn't work I suggest sacrificing a goat, which coincidently
fixes scsi termination problems as well.

Parker.
"If you don't expect too much of me you might not be let down."
-Hey Jealousy, Gin Blossoms

In our last episode Dejan Nikic exclaimed:

:Well database.inc.php is connecting trought vergil01.u.washington.edu which

:is where MySQL is installed. Permissions are fine also. I checked it and

:MySQL works great by itself, but it doesnt as a PHP module.

:

: