voodoo4 4500 & XFree86

Sam Coskey scoskey at u.washington.edu
Sat Mar 3 16:50:20 PST 2001

i too have problems with a voodoo card.

i have a vodoo3 3000, and i can't seem to get 3d acceleration.... i
also have Xfree86 3.3.6. i installed glide, etc., but when running
/usr/local/glide/bin/test3Dfx, i get "video memory unprotecting"

if anybody has had similar problems with a 3Dfx card, or has one that
works magically, let me know. i'd like to see your /etc/X11/XF86Config
file.

SAM