voodoo4 4500 & XFree86

Andrew Poliakov poliakov at u.washington.edu
Sun Mar 4 12:17:43 PST 2001

I had no problem with Voodoo3 3000 AGP (PCI is no good). 3D acceleration
worked right away (Redhat 7, XFree86 4.0.1, I think I had to make a
couple of changes in configuration file, those are described in DRI docs).

I could not get ATI cards (r128 and r128 pro chips) to work.

Matrox is supposed to be good, Intel sounds like trouble. DRI does not
support any other cards.

Nvidia will probably work, they are not using DRI architecture, and their
libraries ore based on OpenGL (not Mesa). It was no use for me, since they
don't provide libglut, and I need it to compile stuff.

Andrew.