problem with adaptec AIC-7890

C. Mills boson at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 9 23:09:44 PST 2001

Lately I have been having problems with my scsi controller. I have the
aic-7890 chipset on my motherboard. Recently about a month or two ago I
upgraded to 2.4.1 and now I am using 2.4.2. Ever since I upgraded to the
2.4.x series my controller card has been resetting and not recovering
effectively hanging my system. This seems to be happening more and more
often and last time it hung (this morning) sound won't work on restart.
When I use mpg123 or xmms they core dump.
Any ideas?
charlie